Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Movie Catastrophe Recount

Movie Catastrophe

It was earlier that day when I was invited to go with Marissa to Cinema Gold to see Pete’s Dragon. A Disney film with lots of Feels, (Thankfully I didn't cry… I almost did...) Though, here is how the silly movie Catastrophe went down.

Shivers sent down my spine, as the cold afternoon’s breeze blew on my back. Marissa and I pushed open the door as we strolled inside. The wind stopping, but the smell striking me right in the face, as Buttered Popcorn, Sweets, and many other types of Foods floated underneath my nose. My Stomach growled, and rumbled with starvation, as I strolled closer to the counter, gripping tightly onto the money in my right hand.

By now we were sitting on the comfortable seats, watching the beginning of the movie. A wide smile spread across my face as I watched with wide eyes. I was currently stuffing my face with the buttery, sunflower yellow treats, as the movie continued to play. Marissa was watching and eating aswell by now, as we had a competition of whoever would eat their popcorn first would lose the bet until the movie started. Before, Me and Marissa were starving, so when the movie started, we weren't hesitating to eat the popcorn at all. Anyway, the movie was getting interesting and I was about to take a handful of popcorn, when suddenly my grip loosened, the packet slowly tipping towards the floor, as the Popcorn rolled around on the carpet. Spreading around my legs and under the seats. Then Thump, the packet dropped on the floor. My jaw dropped with annoyance, my eyes widening at the same time. Marissa glanced over and began to chuckle. I couldn't but chuckle at myself too. I was always so clumsy. It's just me, and always will be me.

Marissa had let me have most of her Popcorn, as she knew that she couldn't finish it by herself and that I was starving. After a while, the movie was getting close to the end. It was up to a “Feely” part. (I won't spoil it for you.) Marissa was finishing her last handful, when she tried to re-grab the packet of Popcorn, suddenly tipping it all over the floor and under her seats. I looked down, and up again. Laughing ever so quietly to myself. Marissa was laughing too, doing little snorts here and there. Soon we were both Red in the face from laughing over the Accident. It was just perfect timing, and just the right moment too.

‘Coincidence?’ I giggled, trying to contain myself but failing miserably.

After the whole movie ended, With my hands stuffed in my pockets, I slouched my way back to the Car. Marissa’s Mother was waiting for us.

‘How was the Movie?’ She asked.

‘Great.’ Marissa and I coincidently responded together. Continuing to smile...

It's funny how something so simple, like tipping your popcorn first, and then your friend tipping her/his popcorn later, is so funny. It may not seem funny if you don't imagine it, or think it isn't funny, but trust me. In real life, it's quite hilarious if you experience it yourself. But in the end I learned that accidents happen, and it's important to hold onto your Popcorn boxes more tighter so they don't fall out of your hands, and spill over the floor spreading popcorn everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment